Arguably the most beautiful city in the UK! A rare chance to run through the ancient city walls and marvel at its medieval gems.
How to enter
- 2017 entries are now open! Click here or on the Enter button above to save your place in the race.
- Entrants must be 15 years or over on event day
- Run For All encourages people of all abilities to take part in the Asda Foundation York 10K. Please contact us in advance with any specific requirements and we shall do our utmost to cater to these.
- Chip timing
- Finisher’s goody bag
- Quality tech T-shirt
- Exclusive medal
- Memories of a brilliant day!
07:30 - Race office opens in the event village
09:10 - Mass warm up
09:30 - Race starts
The 2016 York 10K Race Guide is out now! Click here to view.
- Race Office - The race office is open on Sunday morning from 7.30am.
- Baggage - Runners will be able to deposit their baggage free of charge at our baggage store.
- Toilets - Toilets will be provided for runners and spectators in the event village.
- Water Stations - Bottled water has been kindly provided by the Asda Foundation at 3km, 7km and at the finish. Competitors are advised to ensure that they consider the effects of dehydration and drink plenty of fluids to compensate.
- Support & Entertainment - A wide variety of exciting entertainment will be on show along the route and in the event village, including local and cultural music groups, dance troupes and street performers. If you are an entertainer and would like to join us please click here.
- First Aid - Should you find you require medical assistance, personnel will be on hand to help at regular intervals on the course with fixed first aid stations located near to the water stations. In addition there will be a first aid unit and recovery area located near to the finish.
- Massage - Post-event massage will be available.
- Food and Drink - A vibrant and varied array of food and drink concessions will offer refreshments in the Event Village.
- Charity Village - The Asda Foundation York 10K is partnered to several local and national charities. Our partner charities will be on hand to meet and greet their runners and raise awareness of the important work they undertake.
Whether you're a beginner to 10K running or have lots of runs under your belt, we want to help you every step of the way with some key training tips.
Your exclusive 14-week York 10K training plan
We've teamed up with Marathon Talk's Martin Yelling - a former national duathlon champ and coach - to come up with three 14-week training plans aimed at all abilities.
Click here to download the Beginners training plan
Click here to download the Improvers training plan
Click here to download the Advanced training plan
Use of headphones
Aftershokz is the official headphone provider of Run For All. Aftershokz sits comfortably in front of the ear and use bone conduction to deliver sound through the cheekbones to your inner ear. This means you can enjoy your music and still hear everything around you, including marshal instructions, emergency vehicles and fellow competitors. Run For All participants can benefit from a special discount – prior to your chosen event you will be sent an email containing the code to obtain this special offer. Click here for more details.
Please be aware that a number of roads will be affected by closures on the day. Latest road closure details can be downloaded here.