Events Assistant Internship
Employer: Run For All
Contract: Fixed Term (30 weeks, starting as soon as possible)
Hours: 30 hours per week (plus weekend work)
Salary: £18,750K (pro-rota) – Real Living Wage
Are you passionate about sport? Do you have experience or wish to gain experience assisting with events and would you like to work for a sporting events company with a difference? Then read on.
Run For All is one of the UK’s biggest not-for-profit sporting event companies, staging high-profile events including the Leeds 10K and York 10K, Leeds Half Marathon and the Yorkshire Marathon.
Run For All is now looking for an organised, efficient and enthusiastic Events Assistant to join its expanding Leeds-based team.
As an Events Assistant you will work across our portfolio of events to assist department Executives and Managers with event planning as well as specific projects. You will work to tight deadlines to help deliver innovative and exciting events on time and to budget. With exceptional attention to detail, you will also have excellent organisational skills and be capable of juggling several projects at a time.
To be considered for this role, applicants will need to demonstrate an interest in assisting with event organisation, be lively and dynamic with a genuine passion for sport and events and keen to develop as an event management professional. You will possess excellent communication skills and be proficient in a range of IT packages, including Microsoft Office, Word, Power Point and Excel.
With charity at our core, Run For All is looking to employ someone who understands the unique ethos and aims of the organisation. Applicants should be enthusiastic and hard-working, be flexible and have a positive attitude and a good sense of humour.
It is desirable for the successful candidate to have a full clean driving licence and access to a vehicle. This role will naturally involve weekend and some out of hours working.
Qualifications: Educated (or currently studying) to degree level or equivalent in a relevant field.
Knowledge and Experience: A sound understanding of sporting events. You will be fully conversant with a range of IT packages, including Microsoft Office, Power Point, Word and Excel.
- Act as Event Assistant across departments (course, venue, technical and event delivery) working across the portfolio of events
- Assist with implementation of event plans, ensuring allocated tasks are completed on time
- Assist department Executives and Managers with their project plans and manage specific tasks
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the events and their local areas to recruit volunteers, work with the community and assist the marketing team with promotional activities
- Manage relationships with local authorities, consultants, external suppliers, partner charities, event support staff, volunteers, participants and the general public
- Assist with recruitment and allocation of volunteers, in-line with the organisation’s volunteer policy
- Support & assist with volunteer acquisition
- Produce and maintain excellent paperwork and files
- Undertake other duties as may be appropriate
The successful applicant will:
- Have exceptional attention to detail and excellent planning and organisational skills
- Be a self-motivator; able to work on their own initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure
- Have good communication, presentation and written skills
- Understand the requirements of the organisation and events to ensure events are delivered safely and exceed participant expectations
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and external suppliers/partners, collaborate and co-operate with other team members to get the job done, valuing their input and knowledge and building trust and respect
- Be flexible to meet the demands of the business. This role will naturally involve out of hours and weekend working, especially during the events season. Our 2019 Event season dates are below. The successful candidate will be able to work the majority of the events
- Lincoln Mini and Junior - 6th April 2019 (Lincoln, Lincolnshire)
- City of Lincoln 10K - 7th April 2019 (Lincoln, Lincolnshire)
- Sheffield Half Marathon - 14th April 2019 (Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
- GEAR 10K including Mini GEAR - 5th May 2019 (Kings Lynn, Norfolk)
- Leeds Half Marathon - 12th May 2019 (Leeds, West Yorkshire)
- Hull 10K & Hull Half Marathon - 2nd June 2019 (Hull, East Yorkshire)
- Derby Half Marathon including Derby Family Fun Run - 9th June 2019 (Derby, Derbyshire)
- Nottingham 10K - 16th June 2019 (Nottingham, Nottinghamshire)
- Ali Brownlee 5K - 30th June 2019 (Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire)
- Leeds Mini and Junior - 6th July 2019 (Leeds, West Yorkshire)
- Leeds 10K - 7th July 2019 (Leeds, West Yorkshire)
- Burnley 10K - 21st July 2019 (Burnley, Lancashire)
- York 10K including York Mini and Junior - 4th August 2019 (York, North Yorkshire)
- Middlesbrough 10K - 1st September 2019 (Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire)
- Bury 10K including the Bury Family Fun Run - 15th September 2019 (Bury, Lancashire)
- Sheffield 10K including the Sheffield Mini and Junior - 22nd September 2019 (Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
- Yorkshire Marathon including the Yorkshire 10 Mile and Corporate Relay - 20th October 2019 (York, North Yorkshire)
To Apply: Send a covering letter, CV and event availability to email@example.com no later than 9am on Friday 15th February 2019