This exciting loop course takes on riverside paths, open fields and a challenging climb through Langcliffe before descending back into Settle where the run started. Our 5-miler is an entry-level trail-run course that offers some challenges for anyone who wants to push themselves.
*Please note, all routes are approximate and subject to change.
Start and finish: North Ribblesdale Rugby Club
Perfect for: Beginners
- After the start and a short section weaving under the railway by road, the route quickly takes the quiet river path through Settle with views towards the famous dome of Giggleswick School.
- The route leaves the river path and takes the underpass at Settle School after which point the trails begin, alternating field and stile.
- At the village of Stackhouses, runners will take a short section of road before heading towards the weir crossing over the River Ribble.
- The climbing starts after the weir and a short road crossing taking runners on their ascent to the picturesque village of Langcliffe and the final climb before descending back into Settle, weaving through the streets back to the finish.
Entry fee: £20* per person. This event is open to those aged 15 and over.
Registration: 8:30am - 9:30am
Start time: 10am
- Course waymarked with signposts and marshals
- Warm welcome back at the walk finish, where you will receive a finisher’s medal
- A finisher's t-shirt can be purchased as an extra keepsake for £5
- Printed maps/guides are available at an additional cost of £3
*plus small processing fee.