Jane Tomlinson’s Run For All is one of the UK’s biggest not-for-profit sporting event companies, staging a large number of high profile mass participation events including the Leeds 10K and York 10Ks, Leeds Half Marathon and The Yorkshire Marathon
Run For All
Term: Permanent, 40 hours per week
Salary: up to £29,000
The office manager will be responsible for the smooth running of the office on a day-to-day basis. You will focus on best practices to improve the efficiency and quality of services provided to the business.
Working in a busy environment, the role will demand a high level of efficiency and accuracy. The successful candidate must have previous Office Manager experience in a fast-paced working environment.
- General day-to-day running including: Human resources issues, such as staff welfare and discipline, sickness, general supervisory duties, office cleanliness and maintenance, some elements of basic finance etc
- Taking daily decisions on opening entries/refunds/replying to complaints and difficult requests and enquiries
- Direct line management of admin team and IT support. Some supervision of contractors
- Management of databases and online registration systems
- Managing office budgets
- Using a range of software packages
- Overseeing and agreeing contracts and providers for services including security, parking, cleaning, catering, technology and so on
- Ensuring that basic facilities, such as water and heating, are well-maintained
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and safety standards
- Participating in management meetings and drawing up agendas and minutes
- Customer service
- Communication and influencing skills, in person and in writing
- Commercial awareness
- Organisation, time management, prioritising and the ability to handle a complex, varied workload
- Attention to detail but also the ability to see the implications for the bigger picture
- Reliability and discretion: you will often learn of confidential matters
- Communication, negotiation and relationship-building skills
- Organisational skills
- IT skills
- Problem solving skills
- Leadership and the ability to ‘make things happen’
- A pragmatic and proactive self-starter with excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Confident, flexible, enthusiastic, hardworking with acute attention to detail.
- A bright can-do attitude and superb multi-tasker.
- Computer literate, able and willing to assess issues and find suitable solutions.
- A rapid learner and a creative solver of problems.
- Possession of excellent organizational skills.
- Thorough understanding of Company policies, practices, and procedures.
- A qualification in HR would be advantageous
- A willingness to accept and perform extra business-related tasks that may from time-to-time be assigned
- A grafter who will do what it takes to deliver success for the business and shape the role.
With charity at our core, we are looking to employ someone who understands the unique ethos of and aims of the organisation. As one of the key customer facing roles within Run For All, you will be calm under pressure and possess an extremely professional manner at all times. You will need to own a car and have a full clean driving licence to be considered for this position. You should expect to work a number of weekends and occasionally, out of hours, especially throughout the event season. (April to October).
To apply for this position please send your CV and a covering letter to Siobhan@runforall.com by 5pm on 5th April 2019.