Are you passionate about sport? Do you have experience of organising events and would you like to work for a sporting events company with a difference? Then read on.
Run For All is one of the UK’s biggest not-for-profit sporting event companies, staging high-profile events including the Leeds 10K and York 10K, Leeds Half Marathon and the Yorkshire Marathon.
Run For All is now looking for an experienced, organised, efficient and enthusiastic Events Executive to join its expanding Leeds-based team.
As Events Executive you will work on planning and delivery across our portfolio of events with particular emphasis on the race route and logistics including contractor procurement and management, road closure and traffic management planning and course management (staffing, facilities and logistics).
To be considered for this role, applicants will need to demonstrate proven experience in the planning of temporary road closures and traffic management across a variety of locations, understanding of route planning, course measurement and safety legislation as well as procuring and managing suppliers.
With exceptional attention to detail, you will also have excellent organisational skills and be capable of juggling several projects at a time.
Excellent communication skills are a must and applicants should also be proficient in a range of IT packages, including Microsoft Office, Word, Power Point and Excel.
With charity at our core, Run For All is looking to employ someone who understands the unique ethos and aims of the organisation. Applicants should be enthusiastic and hard-working, be flexible and have a positive attitude and a good sense of humour.
It will be necessary to own a car and have a full clean driving licence to be considered for this position. This role will naturally involve weekend and some out of hours working.
Qualifications: Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant field. Traffic management qualifications would be advantageous.
Knowledge and Experience: At least two years’ experience in a similar role. A sound understanding of both event and race route planning. You will be fully conversant with a range of IT packages, including Microsoft Office, Power Point, Word and Excel.
- Working with Local Authorities and Highway Departments to deliver events in line with event location rules and requirements and nationwide legislation
- From procurement to event day delivery, including (but not limited to): Traffic Management, Drinks Suppliers, Van Hire/Logistical Companies
- Creating accurate route maps, road closure orders and public notices
- Work with the Technical Department and Event Safety Officer to ensure a safe route
- Liaising with the Partner Charity & Volunteer Co-Ordinator to plan route staff requirements
- Liaising with the Corporate and Sponsorship Manager to plan and manage route Sponsor activations
- Develop detailed plans for route facilities including drink stations, cleansing and waste management, spectator and entertainment areas
- Preparation of detailed logistical plans and schedules including route set-up/de-rig, transport and equipment logistics
The successful applicant will:
To Apply: Send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com no later than midnight on Friday 2nd June.