Run For All has changed a lot since it first began in 2006. What was first organised by the Tomlinson family, friends and volunteers has now grown into one of the UK's biggest not-for profit events company.
Whilst the size and number of events has grown the ethos behind Run For All is very much remains the same. We want to ensure our events are truly accessible for all and provide a fundraising vehicle for as many charities as possible.
We now have a dedicated team who work tirelessly to deliver top class quality events ensuring community is at the heart.
We are always on the lookout for other enthusiastic and talented individuals to join our Leeds based team.
Check out out vacancies below or send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Employer: Run For All
Post Title: Events Staffing Coordinator
Location: Leeds (office-based)
Role Term: Full time, permanent, 40 hours a week
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000 per annum
About Run For All
Jane Tomlinson’s Run For All is one of the UK’s biggest not-for-profit mass participation running event companies, hosting a number of the north’s high-profile mass participation events including the Yorkshire Marathon, Leeds Half Marathon, Sheffield Half Marathon and Leeds 10K.
Run For All is part of the lasting legacy of the late amateur athlete and fundraiser Jane Tomlinson CBE. Jane, from Leeds, made headlines around the world by taking part in a series of incredible endurance events – despite being diagnosed with an incurable cancer.
The mum-of-three defied her devastating diagnosis to complete challenge after challenge – from marathons and triathlons to Ironman contests and cross-Europe cycle rides.
About The Role
Run For All is looking for a dynamic and organised individual, who thrives on dealing with people.
As Events Staffing Coordinator, you will be in charge of the delivery of Run For All’s volunteer programme across all events. This role includes all stages of the volunteer cycle; from recruitment, through to communication and briefing, to event day and culminating in the event debriefing.
The successful applicant will need to hit the ground running, working in a fast-paced environment. Being personable is a must; working with individuals, charities, corporates and community groups to fulfil the volunteer programme.
To be considered for this role, applicants will need to have experience of working to tight deadlines and have previous experience of project management. Applicants should also be able to demonstrate the ability to juggle several tasks at a time, be highly-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
Excellent communication skills are essential and applicants should also be proficient in a range of IT packages; including Microsoft Office, Word, Power Point and Excel. Knowledge of Microsoft Project would be an advantage. A genuine enthusiasm for sport will also be an advantage in this role.
With charity at our core, we are looking to employ someone who understands the unique ethos of and aims of our organisation. Applicants should be enthusiastic and hardworking, be flexible and have a positive attitude and a good sense of humour.
You will need to own a car and have a full clean driving licence to be considered for this position and you will be expected to work over a number of weekends during our events season. We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
- Leading on the recruitment of volunteers (individuals, large groups, charities, B2B corporate relationships, CSR opportunities)
- Coordinating volunteer recruitment for each event and liaising with Events Team to fulfil the requirements
- Managing the volunteer contact inbox and leading on all volunteer communication
- Developing and coordinating content to engage with volunteers in conjunction with the Communications and Marketing Team
- Develop guidelines and briefings across the season, ensuring that feedback is recorded appropriately to allow for the development of our events
Reports to: Events Manager
Internal: CEO, Head of Events, Events Managers, Communications and Marketing Teams, Events and Administration Teams.
External: General public, volunteers, corporates and charities.
Experience & Attributes
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Experience in managing projects
- Personable and confident speaking to people in particular cold contacts
- Be a self-motivator; able to work on their own initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure
- Have good communication, presentation and written skills; with strong attention to detail
- Understand the requirements of the organisation and use creative processes and ideas to enhance event delivery
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and external contractors
- Collaborate and co-operate with other team members to get the job done, valuing their input and knowledge, building trust and respect
- Possess a full clean driving licence and own car
- Be flexible enough to meet the demands of the business. This role will naturally involve out of hours and weekend working, especially during the events season
Send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com no later than Monday 27th September 2021. Whilst this is an office-based role, interviews for the position will be held virtually.
- Employer: Run For All
- Location: Various – see list below
- Salary: Competitive Day Rate, dependent on role
Are you passionate about sport? Do you have experience or wish to gain experience assisting with events and would you like to work for a sporting events company with a difference? Then read on.
Run For All is one of the UK’s biggest not-for-profit sporting event companies, staging high-profile events including the Leeds 10K and York 10K, Leeds Half Marathon and the Yorkshire Marathon.
We're looking for friendly, organised, flexible, enthusiastic and reliable people to join our team of Event Support staff. If you love events, being active and want to help make a difference to thousands of participants then we'd love to hear from you.
In return we offer a competitive day rate, the chance to experience new events and learn new skills as well as lots of fun working as part of a great team in a variety of roles.
We have a variety of Event Day roles on offer from Start/Finish Mangers to Senior Marshals on course to Branding Team and Event Control Loggers.
- To be adaptable, work well under pressure and able to use your initiative
- Have good oral and basic written English
- Excellent personal presentation, communication and customer service skills
- To be keen to get stuck in and work as part of a large team
- A ‘can do’ attitude – able to remain calm and solve problems
- To be available early on Sunday mornings and happy to work outdoors
- Ideally access to a vehicle and a clean driving licence
Our 2021 Event season dates are as follows:
York, North Yorkshire
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Leeds Half Marathon / Leeds 10K
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Bury 10K/Bury 10 Mile
Sheffield Half Marathon / Sheffield 10K
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
York, North Yorkshire
City of Lincoln 10K
Derby Half Marathon / Derby 5 Mile
Derby, East Midlands
If you would like to join our Event Support Team, please send your CV and a brief paragraph with your reasons for wanting to get involved with Run For All events to firstname.lastname@example.org.