We want to make sure that you're fully prepared and have a stress-free, enjoyable race day. That's why we've asked our training partner, Coopah Run Coach, to share with you their Top 5 Race Week Tips that will help you prepare and make the most of your race day.
To find out more
- Rest and recover: The week leading up to the race, it's important to focus on getting plenty of rest and sleep. This will help your body recover from training and be ready for the big day. Make sure to prioritise rest and relaxation this week so you can feel energised and refreshed on race day.
- Stay hydrated: Staying hydrated is crucial for your body to perform at its best on race day. Make sure to drink plenty of water and fluids throughout the week to stay hydrated. This will help you avoid cramps, fatigue, and other issues that can arise from dehydration.
- Plan your nutrition: Your race week nutrition plan is just as important as your training plan! Plan your meals and snacks leading up to the race to ensure that you have the right fuel for your body. Avoid trying new foods that may upset your stomach or cause digestive issues. Stick with foods that you know work well for you and provide you with the energy you need to complete the race.
- Visualise success: Visualisation is a powerful tool that can help you stay motivated and confident on race day. Take some time each day to visualise yourself crossing the finish line, achieving your goals, and feeling proud of your accomplishments. This will help you stay positive and focused during the race, even when things get tough.
- Prepare for race day: Planning ahead is key to having a successful and stress-free race day. Make sure to plan out your race day logistics, including transportation, parking, and what to bring. Lay out your race outfit and gear the night before to avoid any last-minute stress or scrambling. Make a checklist of everything you need to bring with you to the event, so you don't forget anything important.